Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Confidence!

Good morning all,


The rain is falling softly, Clapton is playing, and I am having this strong desire to crawl back under the covers, but I have way too much to do today. I wanted to share a quick thought from the Psalmist. Let's start with the scripture, Psalm 27:1-3.

NRS Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When evildoers assail me to devour my flesh-- my adversaries and foes-- they shall stumble and fall. 3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident.
I love this passage because it sheds light on the balance we need to find amidst the reality of life. God is our light, our hope, our joy, our salvation; who takes away fear and gives our lives purpose and hope. That is absolute truth that is completely independent of the circumstances of life. Just because life rises up and overwhelms me, like it is prone to do, it does not in any way alter the truth of who God is for each and every one of us. Sometimes life will feel like it is standing against us, shouting at us like Goliath saying, "Just give up it is hopeless!" It is at that moment that each of us has a choice. We can listen to the giant and give up, crawl back under the covers and let the rain of life fall down on our heads or we can do like the Psalmist and stand confidently in the absolute truth of who God is in our lives and press forward towards the end He has for us regardless of the challenges of life. Will you stand confidently with me today?

Your brother in Christ,
Faron

No comments:

Post a Comment