Saturday, November 12, 2011

Confidence Amidst Despair

Greetings All,


The Book of Habakkuk ends with what is in essence an Psalm, a prayer of trust in God despite the challenges that life is bringing. I share it this morning knowing the reality that most of us do not choose Habakkuk for devotional reading. Heck the only reason I did was because it was up next on my journey from Genesis to Revelation, but sometimes in monotonous discipline we find unexpected joy! May Habakkuk's prayer be our prayer today!
NLT Habakkuk 3:17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains. (For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)

Your brother in Christ,
Faron

No comments:

Post a Comment