Monday, July 12, 2010

Recipe: Sugar Free Lemonade Tea

Sugar Free Lemonade Tea


This is a Southern Living recipe that I have adapted to accommodate my diabetic need to not consume refined sugar and my desire to keep the carb Nazi happy by limiting my carb intake. It is a yummy and refreshing sip of summertime. My mother who does not drink sweet tea, tried this and loved it. She also insisted that I post it on the website for all of your enjoyment!

Ingredients:
6 tea bags
fresh mint
Crystal Light lemonade mix
1/2 cup of Splenda
slices of orange, lemon, and lime

1. Steep the tea bags and mint in 4 cups of boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
2. Pour tea into a pitcher through a strainer to remove mint leaves and tea bags.
3. Add the Splenda and stir until dissolved.
4. Add the lemonade mix and 4 cups of cold water, stir.
5. Stir in citrus slices.
6. Serve over ice and enjoy!

Note: if you want the real sugar version, replace the Splenda with 1/2 cup of sugar and the Crystal Light and 4 cups of water with a can of frozen lemonade concentrate and 3 cups of water. Also the Crystal Light can be substituted with a generic as can the Splenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment